Honey Uric Acid: Natural Gout Remedies (Like Apple Cider Vinegar)
Natural Gout Remedies There are lots of organic gout remedies, like apple cider vinegar, available to you. Just too many in order to talk about here. But what I have done is to list 5 effective natural gout remedies that you can try at home, in order to start off with. Yes, and I've included apple cider vinegar!
- According to one of the researchers, Yuqing Zhang, MD, one serving of cherries alone did not provide longer term help.
- Be enough to say, individuals who consumed only 1 serving of cherries (approximately 10 cherries) were not able to experience the positive effects.
And So to Mainstream Medical Treatment
There are drugs to reduce inflammation as well as reducing pain that do that very well. However they don't break down gout crystals. However, there are other drugs that, while they can't really 'dissolve' crystals, can reduce uric acid levels in your blood.
The study itself is a confirmation of the very long time belief that cherries help to keep inflammatory conditions in check.
- Those who have suffered from gout can testify to the fact that it is one of the most painful conditions imaginable.
- For those who have not suffered from gout yet, pray that it does not happen to you.
- But for both those who know and those who don't there is some good news.
- Researchers found that cherries can be one of the best gout treatments available to you.
- The research showed that cherries are able to alleviate the pain associated with gout attacks.
Another reason is that aside from its anti-inflammatory properties, it also reduces the uric acid levels in the body, which is one of the major causes of gout. High uric acid levels cause the formation of crystal deposits in the joints, resulting to the pain associated with the disease.
- Used topically, it can help to reduce inflammation and discomfort. 1/2 cup vinegar in 3 cups of hot water.
- Soak affected area (most possibly the foot) for around 30 minutes.
- Important: Never take more than the equivalent of 4 teaspoons of baking soda in any 24 hour period.
- And, since it is very high in sodium, change to a low-sodium diet and stop putting salt on or in your food.
- Plus, if you suffer from high blood pressure, see your doctor for his or her advice before trying this remedy.
More particularly, the investigation concluded that having 2 servings of cherry within the past 48 hours may lower the risk of a gout flare-up by as much as 50%. Now that is what scientists call a significant result. Using any amount of cherries or even the extract of cherries within the same period of 48 hours may lower the risk of recurring gout flare-ups by 40%.
- High amounts of uric acid result from high levels of consumption or low levels of excretion of purines.
- The inability to metabolize purines may be inherited or acquired.
- Purines are protein components in foods which are found commonly within this foods;
- Symptoms: The symptoms of gout usually seem through the night are available on like a freight train.
- The weight of the bed sheets is often intolerable.
- One joint or several may be involved.
- The most common site is the very first metatarsal phalangeal joint (big toe joint).
- The pain is referred to as crushing and excruciating.
- Attacks often last many days.
- The above remedy has been shown to be effective, however, is really only of use throughout an attack.
- You really don't want to be taking it once the attack has abated and also the crystals have been dissolved.
- It has too much sodium for that.
- Vitamin B Complex B complex is yet another efficient natural gout cure which a lot of people don't know about.
- It works by converting uric acid into a variety of otherwise harmless components.
Uric Acid is Measured in the Serum (Liquid) Component of Our Blood
Normal levels for men are much less that 7mg/dl of serum and somewhat less for nearly all women. This level tends to rise in women following menopause. The vast majority of gout patients tend to be men.
Here's How You can Break Down Your Gout Crystals Using Baking Soda..
Thoroughly mix 1/2 tsp of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in a large glass of water. Drink 1 glass before bedtime, a glass in the morning, and a glass every 2 - 4 hours in between meals. Follow this particular routine everyday until your gout symptoms abate.
Example - As children, we would make our own rock candy. We'd get a pot of water and begin to heat it on the stove. As the water warmed, we'd add sugar. The hotter the water became, the more sugar we could break down. When the water was close to a boil and saturated with sugar, we'd remove it from the heat and allow the sugar to crystallize on a string as the water cooled.
- But you do need to prevent your uric acid rising again and causing you to have regular gout attacks.
- You need to do this because of the dangers of permanently damaged joints and kidney problems associated with long term recurring gout.
Heavy red meats such as sausage liver, kidney, tongue, center and additional foods including peanuts, alcohol, Dairy products including milk, ice cream and cottage cheese.
Individuals Who Have Had Severe Gouty Attacks Should Restrict Their Intake of These Foods
This does not mean that they need to totally eliminate all of them from their diets, but rather consume them with moderation. The serum level of uric acid is also significantly influenced by the ability of the kidney in order to excrete uric acid. Factors that influence normal renal function may lead to limited removal of uric acid. These factors include the use of thiazide diuretic therapy and renal failure. Other factors that may contribute to the onset of gout are the stress of surgery, emotional tension, fatigue, infection or the use of penicillin.
Treatment of repeated attacks includes the modifications in diet as previously talked about as well as the use of Allopurinal, an inhibitor of uric acid synthesis. Probenecid and sulfinpyrazone are also used to increase the output of uric acid by the kidney. Dosing and combination therapy depends upon the level of serum uric acid which is calculated periodically during therapy. Individuals prone to gouty attacks should also maintain a high fluid intake to promote the excretion of uric acid and decrease the tendency to form uric acid stones in the kidney and bladder.
- Ensure that the vinegar you useis the uncooked, un-distilled, unpasteurized vinegar with the sediment (mother) in the bottom.
- Hot and Cold Compresses
The study set out to find if there is any kind of truth in this age aged believe and found that by eating approximately 20 cherries (1 cup or 2 servings) every day, gout patients can reduce the risk of experiencing gout attacks.
Gout is Considered a Form of Crystal Deposition Arthritis, Hence the Name, Gouty Arthritis
Uric acid, a chemical that is found in the serum component of our blood, is the key to understanding gout. Excessively high amounts of uric acid lead to the deposition of monosodium urate deposits into joints and certain subcutaneous spaces in the body. To understand the way that acute gouty attacks occur, let's use a simple example;
- But more and more gout patients end up being attracted to natural remedies for gout that can do everything that drugs can do.
- And with no horrible side effects of those drugs.
For more information on how to get fast gout pain relief, plus, prevent your gout returning in the future, then go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com and see how you can quickly do both without expensive drugs using horrible side effects.
And you also need to be aware that recurring gout can, in time, leave you with kidney problems, high blood pressure, and even permanently damaged joints. Plus, once you have had actually one attack, you're now extremely likely to have more.
Chris Randon is an expert in nutrition specialized in human health, and is based in Los angeles, Carlifornia.
- Use a warm compress for 3 minutes after that a cold for 30 seconds.
- Always finish on cold.
- Celery Seeds These have great anti-inflammatory properties and so can be a very effective natural gout cure, as very many sufferers can testify to.
- Thus, eating the right kinds of food, especially the consumption of 1 cup of cherries regularly, helps in keeping gout attacks at bay.
- The study proves that cherries are among the best natural gout treatments readily available for gout patients.
Vitamin C Studies have shown that vitamin C can help your kidneys excrete uric acid more efficiently and also help to actually lower uric acid levels. This is why it's this kind of an effective natural gout remedy.
Differential Diagnosis: The differential diagnosis for this condition should include;- fracture osteoarthritis infection of the combined rheumatic fever
- So there you have 5 natural gout remedies; apple cider vinegar, hot and cold compresses, celery seeds, vitamin c, and, B complex.
- Try them where appropriate and see the way you get on.
About the Researcher
Joe McArthur has been doing extensive research about gout remedy. Their long term research on finding ways and means to cure gout is found at http://gouttreatmentblog.net/.
One of the reasons why cherries tend to be such a good gout treatment is because it has higher amounts of antioxidants and anthocyanins, which are both beneficial to the body. Anthocyanins are antioxidant flavonoids that help in protecting the body system from damage. It is also one of the components of cherries that made the fruit extremely beneficial for patients with inflammatory diseases such as gout.
First though, before we learn how to get rid of gout crystals naturally, it's most likely best in the event that we consider the cause of gout, and, why you may not want to use drug-based treatments in order to cure your gout.
- So, what's this 'secret' natural remedy for dissolving gout crystals?
- It is baking soda.
- Yes, the baking soda you may well have in a kitchen drawer can dissolve your own uric acid crystals.
A recent study conducted at the Boston University School of Medicine, it was found that consuming cherries could prevent gout attacks. The study had been conducted on 633 those who are afflicted by gout. They were asked to consume about 20 cherries daily. It has long been believed that cherries help in keeping inflammatory conditions associated with arthritis in check. For decades, many gout sufferers have been eating cherries as part of their daily diet so that you can help them ease the symptoms of systemic gout flare-ups and to prevent it.
Treatment of acute attacks includes the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Indocin or Clinoril. Control of pain may require a mild narcotic such as codeine. Other treatment may include Colchicine which yields spectacular results but carries severe side effects which include nausea as well as severe diarrhea. Colchicine is dosed once every 2 hours until the desired (or undesired) effects are achieved.
Treatment of Gout and Gouty Arthritis
The most significant thing to consider in treatment is the frequency of attacks. Frequent episodes (more compared to one a year) will result in progressive erosion of the joint, leading to painful longterm arthritis. Isolated attacks (less that one a year) lead to minimal destruction of the joint. The frequency of gouty attacks determines whether treatment is merely for each attack, or whether daily medicine should be taken to lower levels of serum uric acid.
- Suggested doses tend to be 1 to 3 x 50mg total B complicated each day.
- But check with your doctor to make sure this is okay for you.
The Gout Cure Report To stop this particular happening to you, please now go to the Gout Cure Report where you'll also getthe facts ona devastatingly simple 2 hour remedy. Just click here.
- Zhang also said that eating more than 2 servings does not provide more protection than that associated with eating 2 servings of cherries.
- For individuals who tried to consume a lot more than 2 servings, the benefit was just the same as with eating 2 servings only.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is really a very popular natural gout remedy. When taken as a drink, apple cider vinegar works by changing body pH to help relieve high uric acid levels in the blood.2 to 3teaspoons in a large glass of water x 3 times daily.
- As you probably know your own gout is caused by uric acid crystals that have formed in your joint(s).
- As well as you probably also know that these are formed when you have relatively high levels of uric acid in your blood.
5 Top Benefits of Eating Raw Garlic With Honey in Empty Stomach + Garlic Infused Honey Recipe
Benefits of eating raw garlic & honey in empty stomach in morning for weight loss, blood pressure, cholesterol, cancer, heart disease, cold, flu, fever, blood sugar ...
Acute Gouty Attacks Occur in Much the Same Manner
Most acute gouty episodes occur in the late hours of the night. As we sleep, our bodies often focus on the primary metabolic functions like digestion, breathing, etc. The extremities, such as the feet tend to cool as a result of this 'lack of attention'. As they cool, as well as if the dissolved amount of uric acid is high enough, the result is actually an acute gouty assault. Soreness results from the crystals that form within a joint. Range of motion of the joint results in severe pain and inflammation.
- Eat plenty of berry, especially grapefruits, tangerines, etc., and you can take it in supplemental form.
- Don't take too much although, because any abrupt change in uric acid can actually trigger a gout attack.
- Many people don't know about this particular natural gout remedy.
- Alternating hot and cold may help to reduce pain and swelling and to help break-up crystals in the joints.
- And not only dissolve the crystals, but also help raise the solubility of uric acid itself, and, maximise body fluids volume.
- This helps you to excrete uric acid more effectively out of your body, thus helping to lower your overall uric acid levels.
- But did you know that uric acid is actually a byproduct of the metabolizing process that goes on in your body?
- Cells in your body have chemical compounds called 'purines' that produce uric acid.
- But purines also can be found in the food, which is important, as you'll see below.
- Dissolving gout crystals does not need drugs, you can break down them naturally.
- Here, you'll discover a secret way to get rid of gout crystals using a simple grocery item.
Long Term Issues With Recurring Gout
The other thingto be familiar with though, is that there are many other issues that you need to address in order to successfully prevent your gout returning time and time again. Things such as diet, weight, lifestyle issues, etc.
- Add 1 tablespoon of seeds to 2 cups of water as well as boil until the seeds tend to be soft.
- Stress off the seeds and drink 1/2 cup of the 'tea' 4 times a day.
Gouty Arthritis can be Visualize Upon X-Rays After Several Attacks
The bone adjacent to the joint becomes eroded with a characteristic punched out lesion referred to as a Martel's Sign or 'rat bite sign'. The erosion is very distinctive and represents a pocket of gouty tophi. Tophi would be the build up of monosodium uric acid crystals. Tophi are often found in joints but may also be found at extensor surface (back) of the elbow, the rim of the ear and at the back of the heel. When viewed surgically, tophi appear to have the same consistency of cottage cheese.
Now there are many natural ways to help do this, but your diet -- keep in mind purines in food above? -- and other things like yourself, weight, family history, and so on. must all be addressed as well, if you are to prevent further gout attacks using inherent dangers.
Note: The seeds are a diuretic so avoid using this remedy if you are pregnant or have any kidney problems in any way.
About the author:Jeffrey A. Oster, DPM, C.Ped is a board certified foot and ankle surgeon. Dr. Oster is also board certified in pedorthics. Dr. Oster is medical director of Myfootshop.com and is in active practice in Granville, Ohio.