Understanding Gout and How to prevent Recurring Gout Attacks Ruining Your Health
Order to prevent gout you really need to understand gout. Here is a simple explanation of what it is and how you can stop recurring gout quite naturally, without resorting to drug-based medications, with their nasty side effects...
Understanding Gout Causes
The symptoms of gout are caused by urate crystals that have formed over time in your joints and associated tissue. So where do these types of uric acid come from? They're created when you have higher-than-normal levels of uric acid in your blood. This condition is called 'hyperuricemia.'
- Okay, so where does the uric acid come from then?
- Uric acid is found naturally in all of us and is actually a byproduct of our body's own metabolization process.
- Our kidneys normally process the excess uric acid and flushes it from our body by way of urine.
- Sometimes though, our kidneys aren't working to their fullest extent so that you end up with an excess of uric acid.
- Other times, your system is actually generating a lot of uric acid for your kidneys to deal with, even working with 100% efficiency.
- In any event you can end up with high acid levels in the blood, eventually leading to gout attacks.
Understanding Gout Treatment
So, how can you get rid of gout? Well, you can go the mainstream route which is to take anti-inflammatory drugs for the pain and inflammation, plus, drugs to lessen the uric acid if so prescribed by your doctor. These can work for a few people, but others discover that their nasty side effects tend to be as bad as, or a whole lot worse than, the pain of their gout.
But, apart from that, drug-based remedy only works whilst being taken. Once stopped, there is nothing to prevent recurring gout, unless you address the fundamental issues that can help trigger the conditions that give rise to high uric acid and thus gout attacks.
Understanding the Underlying Issues
Typical issues that these drugs don't deal with are things such as; diet, weight, lifestyle issues, hypertension, lack of fluids, etc. These, and much more, could all help trigger gout attacks. Take eating habits for example...
Things to know about Joint Pain Relief With about 70 million people affected with joint pain in the U.S. alone, more and more sufferers are looking for effective means of achieving joint pain relief. Joint pain can be caused by many factors such as old age, hereditary conditions,...
Food contains organic chemical compounds referred to as 'purines.' These also can be found in our bodies and form a very important part of the metabolizing procedure. But as they breakdown in the course of this, they produce uric acid. So if you eat foods that are high in purines, the risk of gout is significantly higher.
Foods to Control Gout Attacks
Food may be nearly as effective at controlling gout as medicine is, so it's important to watch what you eat if you've got gout. This health video from About.com will ...
Understanding Natural Gout Remedies
One of the most important things to do is to avoid high purine foods. Typical foods to prevent are such things as red meat, game, organ meat, poultry, sea food, legumes, etc. Typical food you can eat are points like; green leafy vegetables, fruit, foods high in vitamin C, essential fatty acids, complex carbohydrates, etc. And drink plenty of water to be able to stay hydrated.
- And there are many other natural ways to take care of gout symptoms.
- For example you can use herbs, specific fruits, natural supplements, homeopathic remedies, acupuncture, acupressure, and so on.
- There are just too many in order to go into here.
But it is very important to address the underlying issues, because recurring gout attacks may eventually lead to permanent joint damage and even kidney problems, such as excruciating kidney stones...
So next, to complete your understanding of gout so that you can prevent further attacks, please now go to http://gout-relief-today.blogspot.com wherever you'll also discover a remarkably simple 2 hour gout remedy.