Natural Gout Remedy - A diet Low in Purines
Diet low in purines is a natural gout remedy that can greatly reduce the chances of you getting the disease. In the event that you already have gout, this diet will give you a natural fix for those excruciatingly painful gout episodes. It has been found that men are more likely to get gout, especially as they get older. It seems that the older we get the more we indulge in foods and beverages an excellent source of purines. In the process an excessive amount of uric acid in the bloodstream, called hyperuricemia, builds up and brings about the disease.
When the sharp crystals form in the body they will find their way to the joints and this is what causes the pain. The kidneys job is to break down purines for elimination. When there is an excess, the kidneys cannot thoroughly crack them all down and this will cause the uric acid levels to be high. Engaging in a diet low in purines is the key to be able to lowering the uric acid to a safer and lower level in order to avoid gout attacks. When you have gout, or are at high risk for the disease, there are a few foods, high in purines, that you need to avoid.
Beef, Pork, Lamb, Fish as Well as Bacon Tend to be Very High in Purines.
Foods high in yeast should also be avoided. They include beer, bread and some alcoholic beverages. However if you are on a low purine diet, you can occasionally indulge in these kinds of, but in moderation.
Preventing Gout Attacks with Diet
Subscribe to Dr. Greger's free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO ...
Some cases vegetables, such as peas, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower and mushrooms should be avoided as they can further aggravate the symptoms.
- Poultry is also high in purines.
- These include chicken, turkey and also duck (white poultry).
Kidney and lima beans are also a no-no, along with cereal and breads made out of whole grain.
You can safely incorporate some foods in to your low purine diet (within reason).
Fruits and Fruit Juices
Tomatoes and green vegetables.
Different Ways you can Treat Gout As we get older we tend to wear down like cars. But normally we can t switch out parts like cars. So it is very important that we take care of our selves. One thing that can wear out if not taken care out properly is the joints. As we get older...
Breads Not Made With Yeast
Milk and merchandise made with milk (butter and cheeses)
Coffee and also tea.
- Gout sufferers, and those prone to develop the disease, should stay away from low carb diets.
- These diets are extremely high in purines because they consist of an abundance of lean meats and dark greens.
- This type of diet plan will only aggravate an existing attack of gout.
- Gout has always been known as the "disease of kings" or the "rich man's disease".
- Only the wealthy could afford to eat like this on a regular basis.
Eating a Diet Low in Purines Has Great Health Benefits
As far as weight reduction, it really is a lot better than reduced carbohydrate diet because you will maintain your weight loss better. There are normal treatments that can help control or prevent gout; however, staying away from the list of foods high in purines will help with the signs.
Are You or Someone You Care about Suffering from Gout?
Discover more information about Gout As well as Reducing Gout Symptoms at All About Gout at http://www.squidoo.com/all-about-gout.
- Are you making the right choices for your health issues.
- Debbie has been researching natural health care treatments and remedies.
- In doing so, she has created relationships with certain experts and in recommending their products may receive compensation.