Knockout Knee Pain
You may first feel it when attempting to bend down to pick a fallen item or it could be you experience it as morning stiffness that you feel when you first get up out of bed. But whenever it hits you knee pain will undoubtedly get your attention.
The Good News about Knee Pain is that It Responds Well to Self Care Measures.
There are a number of things that can put you at risk for knee discomfort. Some of them are:
- Overweight: If you weigh more than you should, you put more stress and pressure on your knee joints.
- As time passes this kind of excess pressure can cause pain.
- Overuse: An inflammatory response can occur when a repetitive activity, causes a muscle to have tired.
- This inflammatory response can damage surrounding tissue.
- This can be further compounded when you don't give the knee the required time to fully recover thereby making it at risk of re-injury.
- Lack of muscle strength: Experts site lack of strength and flexibility as the leading cause of knee injury and pain.
- Weak or tight muscles offer less support for the knee joint.
Mechanical problems: Having misaligned knees, one leg that is shorter than the other or other architectural irregularities may contribute to knee pain.
Previous injury: If you have previously injured your own leg probabilities go up that you will injure it again. Possibly because the knee was not given enough time to correctly heal or because the leg doesn't come back to the situation it was in prior to the injury.
- Age: Some knee related conditions affect young people more often than old, for example Osgood-Schlatter disease or patellar tendonitis.
- Other conditions such as gout and osteoarthritis have a tendency to occur in older people.
An injury to the knee can affect the ligaments, tendonsOr bursa (fluid loaded sacs of the knee)or a combination of these areas of the leg.
Some of the Most Common Causes of Leg Pain are:
Bursitis - An inflammation that comes from pressure on the knee. The pressure may be from repeated overuse, kneeling for long periods of time or other injury.
- Tendonitis - Pain that occurs in the front of the knee.
- It usually gets worse when going up and down stairs.
- This is a common injury of skiers, sportsmen and cyclists.
Torn ligaments or cartilage - This injury can cause severe pain and lack of stability of the knee joint.
Strain or Sprain - A minor injury to the ligaments cause by sudden or unnatural twisting.
Hip Issues - May Lead You to Feel Pain in the Knee Area.
Osteoarthritis - a condition affecting the joints characterized by soreness and stiffness.
Gout - A metabolic disorder caused by an accumulation of uric acid in the joints.
- As mentioned above knee pain responds well in order to self care.
- Some of the things that you can do if you experience knee pain are:
Apply ice 15 minutes at a time, initially and then about 4times a day after that until the pain subsides.
Rest and Avoid the Activities that Contributed to the Initial Injury
Elevate your knee to bring down the swelling.
Over the Counter Medications can Provide Pain Relieve Through Pain.
Sleep with a pillow underneath the affected knee.
Gentle compression, such as with an Ace bandage might reduce swelling and provide support
Is not always possible to prevent knee pain but there are some things that you can do to minimize the likelihood that knee problems will occur.
- Keep off excess weight.
- Maintaining a healthy weight will keep your knees from possessing to support more than they were designed to support.
- Stay flexible.
- Weak muscles make you more vulnerable to injuries of the hips.
- So do stretching exercises, every day to keep flexibility
Will not exercise when you have pain or you're tired. When you have chronic injuries consider switching in order to sports or exercise that put less stress on your joints. For instance swimming instead of basketball.
How To Get Rid Of GOUT PAIN (INFLAMMATORY ARTHRITIS) With Home Remedies
HOW TO TREAT GOUT ATTACK? FIND out the best home remedies for gout pain (inflammatory arthritis). Gout is characterized by sudden, severe attacks of ...
- Get good appropriate shoes.
- When shoes fit inadequately we may compensate in the legs and hips, producing them to be misaligned and making them prone to injury.
Proper supplements: There are dietary supplements that can help the body keep the ligaments and joints lubricated, and also help rebuild cartilage.
- Like Phosoplex' is a supplement that is recommended for osteoarthritis and joint pain.
- It is a powerful, all natural and safe solution for joint lubrication, pain relief and the rebuilding of healthy cartilage.
You keep to the previously mentioned suggestions you will go a long way to be able to knockout knee pain before it begins.
About the author:Stephanie McIntyre and also Kamau Austin tend to be health and fitness enthusiasts as well as advocates. They write on a regular basis on amazing health and fitness tips at the Fit After Forty Blog. Notice more useful health and fitness news and tips at...http://www.healthandfitnessvitality.com/blogs/fitnessblog.htm.