How is Gout Diagnosed? - The 4 Diagnosis Procedures
You even think there is a chance you have gout, it is crucial to your future health that you will get a proper diagnosis early on so you can learn to be able to control your gout signs and symptoms.
There are 4 Diagnosis Procedures to Help Figure Out If You Have the Disease...
- Physical exam is necessary in order to diagnose gout.
- Your medical history and your families medical history needs to be evaluated, as well.
The indications of gout are red and shiny skin on the affected area, which is caused by tophi below the skin.
Blood test can determine the levels of uric acid present in the actual blood; however, this is not a foolproof way of a good diagnosis. The reason for this is if the patient is in a gout attack, the uric acid ranges can register in a normal range.
However, high uric acid levels do not necessarily mean there is a presence of gout in the body.
X-rays should be taken. They can help to determine whether there are tophi crystals around joints and under the skin. Nevertheless, even x-rays will frequently show the joint parts to be normal.
This will be a more reliable procedure for a correct diagnosis.
- The procedure consists of drawing a sample of synovial fluid, with a syringe and needle, from your affected joint.
- A microscope is then used to analyze the fluid.
There is a presence of monosodium urate (MSU) crystals in the fluid it means there is a presence of gout.
Are You or Someone You Worry about Suffering from Gout?
Discover more information about Gout And Reducing Gout Symptoms at All About Gout at http://www.squidoo.com/all-about-gout.
7 Juices To Remove Uric Acid From Body And Relieve Gout Pain
The high level of uric acid in the body is caused when the kidneys can't effectively remove it through urine. This happens because of two conditions, either when ...
- Are you making the right choices for the health issues.
- Debbie has been researching natural health care treatments and remedies.
- In doing so, she has created relationships with certain experts and in promoting their products may receive compensation.