How To lose weight With A Diet For Gout
Have you ever slammed a car door on your fingers? Have you experienced the hot, searing, excruciating pain that shoots through your own hand, which radiates through your entire body, when you do this? For those who have then you have a little idea of what gout suffers go through for hours at a time.
- You are overweight you are a prime candidate to get hit with a sever case of gout.
- This article will explain how to lose weight with a diet for gout.
- By the way in which the information contained in this article is not medical advice, nor should it be taken as medical advice.
- That is perfect for informational purposes only.
- As always with a physical illness you should check with your personal medical doctor right away.
- Please! continue reading.
Gout is a type of arthritic illness which occurs in your extremities such as the fingers, elbows, knees and toes. Uric acid is the cause of gout and when there is too much uric acid in the system, crystal build up type in your joints which causes inflammation, inflammation and excruciating pain.
- You could be one of the thousands upon thousands of people who thought gout was a thing of the past.
- However, it is alive and well in today's overweight society.
- Obesity is one of the primary contributors which can cause this painful attack on your joints.
The old days gout sufferers used to have to drastically change their diet to relieve and prevent gout symptoms. However modern day medicine has eliminated this requirement. Irrespective of medicines however, it will help you to undergo some diet restrictions so as to reduce your weight and the severity of the gout attacks.
- Do you eat a lot of meat, especially red meat?
- If you do it will help you to get rid of those extra pounds by restricting yourself to 6 oz. of meat per day (preferably chicken or fish).
- In addition it will reduce the chances of a gout attack occurring.
- This is due to the purines found in meats.
- If gout sufferers eat a lot of food containing purines (a chemical) then uric acid can form, leading to gout.
Other foods that are particularly an excellent source of purines are: Mackerel Sardines dried espresso beans dried peas liver kidney anchovies
Where possible these foods should be avoided any time following a diet for gout.
- There are many other diet tips that can help to minimize the occurrence of gout and help you lose weight while doing so.
- These are just a couple of suggestion which may help you.
- Again check with your doctor to make sure it is ok to use these tips.
The Avoidance of Alcohol is an Important Factor for You to Keep in Mind
Excess alcohol affects the removal of uric acid from your body. A gout attack supplemented with alcohol can be bad very quickly, as hyperuricemia can occur. Ideally alcohol should be completely eliminated by almost all gout sufferers.
- Drinking a lot of water can have a positive effect on gout as water helps in the removal of uric acid which is what gout sufferers need.
- Furthermore, as you know water will help you to digest your food more thoroughly and help as well flush the excess through your body.
Weight is an Issue that Needs to be Addressed
Excess weight puts extra stress on the joints and drastically increases the chance of gout and also hyperuricemia. Sensible weight loss which avoids excess purines is the right way for gout victims to lose weight without increasing the risk of illness. High protein diet programs can be dangerous as most protein comes from meat as well as fish. Also avoid low carbohydrate diets; instead maintaining a balance of various vitamins and minerals.
Vegetables to eat if you suffer from gout
A severe gout attack occurs when your intake of food and drink is high in purine content. This creates high levels of uric acid which is extracted from the body via ...
- There are lots of low purine foods that could make up the majority of the diet for gout sufferers and the overweight.
- These include:
Low fibre breads and cereals 2. Vegetables 3. Fruit juice 4. Low fat cheese 5. Nuts 6. Peanut butter 7. Soups (without meat) 8. Strawberries 9. Dark berries.
- You are an avid meat eater you may find it hard to sit in a virtually meat free diet.
- Consider tofu as a meat choice.
- It has a rough texture and is filling like meat.
As you can see a diet for gout is a healthy diet, which can also help you to lose weight.
- The one thing that will give you the edge in Losing weight is to take action.
- Do it today.
- You won't lose weight if you don't start today: