Gout: Not just for Men
Gout, a form of arthritis that seems to be more common in men than in women, actually does not discriminate according to gender. Women can suffer from this painful condition, too, especially after the menopause. Some studies even suggest that there is a definite increase in women with gout, particularly among the aging female population. The exact reason for the rise of gout among women remains uncertain. An Increase in age, obesity, alcohol consumption, bring about, and diuretic use have traditionally been associated with the risk of developing gout among women and men.
Some Facts Surrounding the Probability of Developing Gout Show Consistency
Men between the ages of 40 and 50 appear to be the top candidates. Women rarely show symptoms before menopause. Children and young adults are even less likely to be stricken with this painful illness. Heredity affects whether a person develops gout. Having a genetic predisposition accounts for about 18% of the events.
- As the number of women who have gout increases, there are other problems that can also arise.
- For instance, women with gout may be 39% more likely to have a heart attack in accordance with some studies.
- However, the increase in the risk of heart attack for men with gout is far less.
Top 10 Natural Ways to Lower Uric Acid Levels
Best 10 Ayurvedic Remedies and Foods to Control Uric Acid Levels. Watch 10 simple homemade treatments for gout and hyperuricemia.
All-Natural Remedies for High Uric AcidGoutezol Gout Relief is formulated with soothing herbal ingredients formulated to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol's ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, help reducing high uric acid levels. Reducing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been proven to ease the discomfort and flare-ups associated with gout.
More Details about This Product »
Some people who have chronically high blood levels of urate (commonly referred to as uric acid) will go on to develop gout, but few people. In fact, up to around 2/3 of the population who have higher levels of urate do not become victims of gout. Why? No one really knows for sure. Could for women who live less tolerance for higher levels of uric acid since before menopause their levels are generally much lower? Once again, the jury is out on this one.
Gout - Alcohol Consumption and Gout Attacks Studies have proved the link between alcohol consumption and gout. Beer especially is a trigger for gout. Discover here why and how to prevent gout attacks.Let s look at the cause of gout first...CAUSE OF GOUTGout is brought on by the...
- One thing that we do know is that we have a larger aging population than in the past, and it continues to grow.
- The number of women who develop gout has doubled.
- Women need to consult with their doctors if they think that they are experiencing the pain of undiscovered gout..
- Since it has been traditionally associated with men and ageing, often women are not diagnosed as early as they could have been, postponing treatment.
- Colcrys 0.6mg tablets could be prescribed for prevention and treatment of gout
Gout, is not just a disease for men. It is also in increasing numbers of women suffer from gout. Colcrys 0.6 mg tablets may be prescribed for prevention and treatment of gout. Check out more gout information at http://www.colchicine.ca/