Folk Remedies for Gout - Remembering Grandmas Way!
You or someone you love suffers from painful bouts with gout it might be time for you to turn to another method for dealing with the discomfort. Folk remedies for gout are a great way for you to subside the discomfort and alleviate the pain the way Grandma accustomed to.
As you likely already know, gout is a condition that is generally cased by eating foods that are high in purines. Treatment plans has been around for quite a while, before we had the advancements in medical technology that we have now. Back in the 'old days' when our grandparents and mother and father would have to walk to school in the snow up hill both ways without shoes on their feet, they would use home items to treat common ailments.
For a while, most gout sufferers preferred in order to use the advancements in medicine to treat their symptoms, nonetheless there has been a drastic change in perspective lately. Many people are opting for Grandma's method instead. It seems many individuals are realizing how dangerous some medications actually can be and are not willing to take the risk.
- Try some of these folk remedies the next time you are feeling the pain from gout.
- In the end, what do you really need to lose, the pain?
7 Juices To Remove Uric Acid From Body And Relieve Gout Pain
The high level of uric acid in the body is caused when the kidneys can't effectively remove it through urine. This happens because of two conditions, either when ...
Grandma Would Tell You If Something is Inflamed and Enlarged, Add Some Ice
You should do the same if the gout has cause puffiness in your joints. Apply the ice for up to 15 minutes and then take it off. You are able to reapply the ice again after you have waited about 8-10 minutes. Continue to do this until the puffiness comes down and the pain decreases.
Get Those Joints in Motion
Think of exactly what good ol' Grandma would say... 'Walk it off!'. Do just that, exercise the area as much as you can. Although there might be some discomfort you should continue to move the joint so the joints will become lubricated and decrease the chances of the uric acids crystallizing and lodging on the joints.
- Do you remember that which was in your Grandmother's bathroom closet?
- A box of Epsom's salt.
- This is one of the old time remedies that were used for almost everything.
- Soak the area that is bothering you in a tub of warm water with a few teaspoons of Epsom's salt.
- Fresh strawberries are another one of Grandma's favored remedies.
- The strawberries are a great way for you to be able to neutralize the uric acid in your body.
- Grandma would also pump you full of cherries and fresh cherry juice to get rid of your gout pain.
- The cherries and cherry juice will help your body to minimize the levels of uric acid within this.
As you can see, not only are the old folk remedies for gout great but your Grandma just might have been one of the best doctor's you ever met! We all know how wise our grandparents are, but who would have guessed they could be considered this smart, to be able to be able to get rid of soreness without all of the fancy medication doctors often prescribe nowadays.
Alvin Hopkinson is a leading researcher in the area of natural remedies and gout treatment. Discover how you can get rid of your gout for good using proven home remedies, all without using harmful medications or drugs. Visit his / her site now at http://www.goutremoval.com.