Fighting Gout With Diet
The extremely painful condition called gout is caused by the sufferer's blood having too high a level of uric acids. Uric acid is a waste product that results from the breakdown of purines. Purines are naturally occurring ingredients found in the body, plus in several types of food.
- The past, a very strict dietary regiment was an essential part of treating gout.
- With the progression of gout medications, those dietary regiments are no longer as rigid as they once were.
- While the development of new drugs to treat gout is welcome news, there is a downside.
- Many of the drugs prescribed for treating gout have potentially harmful side-effects.
- Because of this some gout sufferers see dietary alterations as the preferred method of avoiding gout flare-ups.
The basic dietary approach to keeping gout in order is to avoid foods that are high in purines. These food types include: organ meat such as, brain, liver, kidney, and sweetbread; seafood just like, anchovies, mackerel, scallops, mussels, and herring; and also peas, beans, and yeast. Other meat, fish as well as poultry have lesser amounts of purines and can be eaten in moderation. Let your body be the judge.
Here are Some Other Ways that You can Naturally Lower Your Risk of Gout.
It's best to avoid alcohol altogether, but if you have to drink then do so in moderation, or even only on special occasions. The main reason alcohol is a no-no to the gout sufferer is that it increases the risk of hyperuricemia (an abnormally high level of uric acid in the blood), by slowing the natural removal process of uric chemicals from the body. If you are experiencing a gout attack next alcoholic beverages must be completely prevented. There are no exceptions!
- Drink plenty of fluids to flush the system of uric acids.
- Aim for around 2 liters of water a day, a lot more if you're into exercising, have a physically demanding job, or are a larger individual.
How to Cure Gout in 24 hours Naturally
http://draxe.com/ In this video, I'm going to share with you my top 6 home remedies for gout. Gout is caused by uric acid build up in the body. First I want to go ...
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Being overweight puts added stress in your joints thus increasing the possibility of gout.
You are Overweight the Last Thing You'll Want to Do is to Go on a Crash Diet
Rapid weight loss boosts the numbers of uric acid in the blood. It is best to take the weight off in a slowly, methodical trend. You will also want to avoid those low carb diets. Consuming too much fat and protein can increase your chances of developing hyperuricemia.
- Eating foods that are low in purines will help in keeping the gout under control.
- To help you get started, here is a list of foods which are decreased purines.
Breakfast - Cereals and breads, oatmeal, eggs, low-fat mozzarella dairy product, fruits, fruit drinks, peanut butter, milk, tea, and coffee.
Lunch - Nuts, Pasta, Macaroni, Soups, Low-Fat Cheeses, and Broths.
Dinner - Pasta, macaroni, breads and cereals, eggs, vegetables, low-fat cheeses, and soups.
You can Find Many More Gout Diet Dos and Don'ts on the Net.
Your body can handle that, it is possible to augment your diet with some foods that have moderate levels of purines. These foods include, beef, pork, lamb, turkey, cauliflower and spinach. It can be actually okay in order to eat the infrequent high purine food item, assuming that you are not in the midst of a gout flare-up. Let your body be the judge.
For more info on gout and all matters of pain management visit: http://www.painmanageit.com.