Bored of Cherries? Try Berries for your Gout Treatment!
When searching for a natural remedy for your gout, cherries and cherry juice are often the first food that pops up. But we are now finding that it's not just cherries. Other berries are also helpful for lowering uric acid levels. Strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries tend to be high in antioxidants, decreased purine, and have low acidity, making them perfect snacks for gout sufferers.
Gout is caused by high levels of uric acid, which in turn crystallizes in the joints, especially in the toes, feet and knees. Large amounts of those sharp crystals cause painful gout flares. The goal of many natural remedies and also prescription medications is to either reduce uric acid levels (prevention) or pain and inflammation relief from present gout flares, or both.
- Eating berries will not likely stop a gout width, but eating all of them regularly helps to lower uric acid levels, staving off the painful attacks.
- Some of the best berries to keep the uric acid levels low are:
Strawberries- Flavonoids are usually an additional inhibitor of the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), the same chemical that is inhibited through the flavonoids in cherries and by NSAIDs such as ibuprofen. Flavonoids are helpful in the reduction of swelling. Strawberries are high in flavonoids such as pelargonidin and contain small amounts of the cyanidin, delphinidin and petunidin. Pelargonidin is the substance helping to make strawberries red.
The Best Remedies for High Uric AcidGoutezol Gout Relief contains herbal ingredients developed to gently support healthy uric acid metabolism. Goutezol includes only the best quality active ingredients that have been scientifically formulated to work synergistically for optimum results. Goutezol's active ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy uric acid metabolism, helping in reducing high uric acid levels. Now they are all integrated into this unique gout formula. Decreasing uric acid and supporting uric acid metabolism has been shown to alleviate the flare-ups related to gout.
Click Here to Learn More »
- Blueberries- These little berries are quite an excellent source of anthocyanidin, an important flavonoid.
- As with most other berry, they're also extremely high in antioxidants.
- Eat a lot of these in order to keep your uric acid levels as low as it can be.
how to prevent and treat gout – home remedy for acute gout
how to prevent and treat gout – home remedy for acute gout Get it: http://haveatrial.com/outwithgout If you are living with gout, probably you have the similar ...
Heating pad in gout treatment and other ways to relieve pain If you are suffering from the disease of gout or if you know some one in your relatives and friends who is suffering from this disease and you are searching the methods to ease the gout pain. There are many different ways to ease the gout discomfort...
- Elderberries- Elderberries are great for gout as they're also low in purine, but high in cyanidin.
- However, the red elderberries shouldn't be ingested at all, and white elderberries should not be eaten raw.
- If you want to get the benefits of elderberries, choose elderberry juice or elderberry extracts.
Check out a tasty antioxidant-rich, low purine dessert option here at Health.com
Eating a minimal purine diet hasn't helped in order to reduce your gout flares, talk to your doctor about colchicine, a prescription drug proven to reduce the severity and numeracy of gout attacks. With the recent price jump in the United states market, consider Big Hill Drugs, a Canadian online pharmacy providing both brand name Colcrys and its generic alternative, colchicine.